Heavy Truck and Bus
Air Spring Supply Company were appointed Firestone’s sole distributor in the late 80’s and has since grown to become the leaders in air springs
Paving a smooth road ahead
We revolutionized transportation when we introduced the Airide™ air spring in 1934.Since that time, we have designed and manufactured more air springs for more applications than any other air spring company in the world. It’s why Firestone has earned the right to be called the “World’s Number 1 Air Spring.” But the proof is on the road.
Consistent Quality is your best protection
The FIRESTONE Airide™ brand is the foundation of Firestone Industrial Products-a name synonymous with quality, performance and unparalleled support. Firestone Airide air springs offer total life cycle value, are designed to OEM specifications and offer unmatched reliability. More suspension builders use Firestone Airide air springs than any other brand.
Firestone Industrial Products is committed to servicing its customers. Replace with the best-Firestone Airide air springs.
AiroGear Air Springs
The global leader in air springs is launching a new value brand, AiroGearTM.
AiroGear air springs are developed and built according to Firestone standards of manufacturing to offer a low-cost, reliable quality product that meets the durability and performance requirements of the commercial vehicle owner needing a practical solution.
The AiroGear product range covers the most popular aftermarket applications for both European and North American vehicles and will fit the majority of trucks, trailers and buses in the market.
Contact the Air Spring Supply Company for all you AiroGear Truck and Trailer air springs.
Consistent Quality is your best protection
The Airide™ brand is the foundation of Firestone Industrial Products-a name synonymous with quality, performance and unparalleled support. Firestone Airide air springs offer total life cycle value, are designed to OEM specifications and offer unmatched reliability. More suspension builders use Firestone Airide air springs than any other brand.
Although air springs are produced in single, double and triple convoluted and reversible sleeve styles, only those manufactured by Firestone Industrial Products Company bear the trademark “Airide™.” Airide springs were pioneered and perfected by Firestone, and only Firestone offers a complete line of Airide springs, with replacement springs available for virtually every vehicular air suspension system. Today, Airide springs are used by practically all manufacturers who offer air suspension on their vehicles. While it may appear simple, an air spring is actually a highly sophisticated and complex product. Even slight changes in design, methods of construction, or materials used can make vast and significant differences in performance. It makes good sense to specify Airide springs by Firestone. That trade name on an air spring guarantees you the benefit of the very latest technical developments and improvements. It is your assurance of a product not only engineered and perfected to perform, but which also has a long history of superior performance in actual use.
- Inspect the O.D. (Outside Diameter) of the air spring. Check for signs of irregular wear or heat cracking.
- Inspect air lines to make sure contact doesn’t exist between the air line and the O.D. of the air spring. Air lines can rub a hole in an air spring quickly.
- Check to see that there is sufficient clearance around the complete circumference of the air spring while at its maximum diameter.
- Inspect the O.D. of the piston for buildup of foreign materials. (On a reversible sleeve style air spring, the piston is the bottom component of the air spring.)
- Correct ride height should be maintained. All vehicles with air springs have a specified ride height established by the O.E.M. manufacturer. This height, which is found in your service manual, should be maintained within 1/4”. This dimension can be checked with the vehicle loaded or empty.
- Leveling valves (or height control valves) play a large part in ensuring that the total air spring system works as required. Clean, inspect and replace, if necessary.
- Make sure you have the proper shock absorbers and check for leaking hydraulic oil and worn or broken end connectors. If a broken shock is found, replace it immediately. The shock absorber will normally limit the rebound of an air spring and keep it from overextending.
- Check the tightness of all mounting hardware (nuts and bolts). If loose, re torque to the manufacturer’s specifications. Do not over-tighten.
- APPROVED: Approved cleaning media are soap and water, methyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol and isopropyl alcohol.
NOT APPROVED: Non-approved cleaning media include all organic solvents, open flames, abrasives and direct pressurized steam cleaning.