Your vehicle’s suspension is the system of parts that connects the frame to the wheels, thus isolating it from the road, allowing for relative motion. In addition to supporting the full weight of your vehicle, suspension systems affect stance, ride height, handling, and ride quality.
In vehicles with a factory coil over suspension, part of this system is a steel coil spring that goes over the shock or strut. In an air suspension system, the coil is upgraded to an enclosed flexible rubber membrane, known as an air spring. These air springs can then be inflated and deflated at the touch of a button, allowing for instant adjustability to tune in the qualities mentioned above.
When it comes to achieving the perfect stance for your vehicle, you have three options: lowering springs, coil overs or air suspension. For years, coil overs were the preferred solution because of their adjustable damping and in some cases, ride height. Today, performance air suspension provides all the same benefits as coil overs but is unmatched in its versatility and adjustability.
Air suspension is the only suspension choice that allows you to easily adjust ride height on-the-fly with the touch of a button. When your car is equipped with air suspension, you can…
- Slam it down for an aggressive show stance that is lower than any coil over.
- Raise it up to clear road obstacles like speed bumps or steep angle transitions.
- Enhance your ride quality for comfort using damping and air pressure adjustments.
- Create a track-ready set-up with stiff damping, progressive-rate air springs and, in many cases, adjustable camber.
Why Air Lift Performance?
You can trust that Air Lift Performance is the best choice for your suspension upgrade because they have a history of delivering high quality products. They are leading the way in defining Performance Air Suspension across the globe. From rigorous testing in there engineering lab to high-calibre performance validation on the track, they go out of their way to make sure Air Lift Performance is the brand you can rely on to get your vehicle looking and performing exactly how you want it.
Air Lift Performance makes it simple with front kits, rear kits and industry leading air management systems, you get everything you need for a basic installation. If you want to customize your install like adding a second compressor or choosing a different types of air tanks, we have many options available.
When looking for an Air Lift Performance air suspension kit for your vehicle, you may have seen the designation Slam Series or Performance Series.
Slam Series air suspension kits are designed to give you a slammed stance without the harsh ride quality of lowered coils. A Slam Series strut or shock features fixed damping, tuned for that specific vehicle or a 9-level adjustable damping. In most cases, the struts bolt directly in place of the OEM equipment and come complete with noise-reducing upper mount for a quiet ride.
Depending on the application, you will see either a double-bellows or a sleeve-style air spring to support the load of your vehicle. These kits are focused on providing an earth-scraping drop while maintaining a great daily ride quality. If you’re looking for the most affordable way to get on air, a Slam Series kit is for you.
One thing to note: some VW/Audi applications have both options while other applications have one or the other.
Performance Series air suspension kits are the ultimate suspension choice for your ride. All applications feature lightweight monotube shocks/struts with 30-level adjustable damping. Adjustable camber plates are integrated into most struts for perfect alignment or wheel fitment and are engineered with high quality spherical bearing upper mounts, providing instant damper response and precise steering feel.
Another great feature is that the Performance Series shocks/struts have threaded bodies with adjustable mounts; this allows you to alter the factory set heights to better suit your situation without sacrificing suspension travel. As with the Slam Series kits, Air Lift Performance provides everything needed for easy installation. And while everyone loves the way their car looks laid out on the ground, these Performance Series kits are best enjoyed while in motion! The huge range of damping, mated with our progressive rate air springs, allows you to have a comfortable ride on the highway. And with the twist of the damping knob, you have a track-ready suspension poised to cut a fast lap.
Everything about the Performance Series kits is geared towards maximizing your vehicle’s suspension: lowest drop, best ride, lowest weight, most adjustability, and incredible handling. All proven on racetracks and back roads around the world.
Air Management Systems:
Manual Air Management:
Simple and accurate 4-way air spring control. Sometimes it is just good to get back to the basics and your air suspension should be no different. The manual air management system allows you to do just that! With this system you no longer need to worry about wiring and mounting electronic valves to your tank, freeing up some usable room in your vehicle. Height control is adjusted with the simple push of the 1/4″ paddle valves which can be custom mounted into your dash or mounted to the supplied stainless steel panel. Manual air management is perfect for your old hot rod project or anybody building a car on a budget, you can rest assured you will not find a more complete manual air management system on the market.
AutoPilot V2 Air Management
Advanced, digital 4-way air spring control. 8 User Pre-sets to Program your favourite ride heights and easily adjust suspension dynamics to compensate for additional passengers and cargo. Set one for “all up” one for “all down” and anywhere in between. The patent pending integrated manifold and ECU assembly makes installation simple with OEM quality wiring harness and only 3 wires to hook up to your electrical system: power, ground and ignition. Features large valves, integrated pressure sensors, and available with 1/4″ & 3/8″ line configurations. AutoPilot V2 can be purchased with any of our air tanks in aluminium or steel. We also offer compressor upgrades and dual compressor options.
Airlift 3P & 3H
- 3P – Pressure Only
- 3H – Pressure and Height adjustable
Both systems have the following features:
- Controller – Both systems come with the Air Lift Performance 3 controller, a device that is truly amazing to hold and to use. Take your air game to a whole new level with our intuitive controller, featuring a full colour display and rotatable keypad, tailored to your vehicle’s setup.
- Free Mobile App – Take full control of your 3H/3P system with a FREE mobile app with no additional hardware needed, for all compatible devices.
- Fully Integrated Manifold – By combining the ECU, pressure manifold, and Bluetooth module into one compact unit, the new manifold takes up less space than multiple components.
- 5 Custom Pre-sets – The system quickly adjusts to and maintains height and/or pressure pre-sets with the push of a button.
- Show Mode – Turn your vehicle off and continue to control your air management via the controller or FREE mobile app.
- Rise on Start – Turn the key and the system will take you right to your programmed ride height.
- Easy Install – The key components of this system require less drilling, wiring, and take up less space than other air management systems for a cleaner install.
- Height + Pressure – The system comes with everything needed for height and pressure control up front, for the best value. Start driving in pressure mode and install height sensors later, without the need to purchase an upgrade.
- Height Sensing Technology – Height sensors give the system the ability to automatically adapt to changes in vehicle load.
- Anti-Cross Loading + Axle Equalization – With the combination of pressure and height sensing technology, 3H can achieve the correct height without radical differences in pressure.